Monday 11 October 2010

Thanks!

In this, my second blog, I should like to acknowledge the generosity of all who have helped me to achieve my target of £1000, being my contribution towards the work of VSO. Friends and relatives have been brilliant, as have the staff at my school, Broughton Hall High School in Liverpool


As well as generous donations, many have bought copies of my two anthologies, 'Liverpool Haiku' and 'A Cycle of Days', both of which have ISBNs and can be ordered through all good bookshops! I would like to thank the staff at Birkenhead Press for their help and generosity in enabling me to bring these projects to fruition.





My 'Liverpool Skyline' paintings have brought in the most money and I have taken great pleasure in producing them - I think there are about 50 originals now in circulation.



My storypaintings have been popular too and I hope to resume this as a hobby when I return from Nigeria. I think I could make more of this - if I had a bit more business sense!

Anyhow, I am truly grateful to all who have donated, purchased and encouraged since I first was accepted for a VSO placement. It has been a long driveway, but now I feel ready to hit the open road!

No comments:

Post a Comment